KOVR/KMAX-TV the CBS/CW owned and operated stations in Sacramento, CA are looking for a Director of Engineering, an Assignment Editor and Senior Producer.
Sacramento, California’s capital, is located just a few hours from San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. According to U. S. News & World Report, drawn to the reasonable cost of living, abundant sunshine and ethnic diversity, economic development and a resurgent real estate market are providing exciting opportunities for locals and newcomers alike.
Sacramento also beckons to foodies. Residents have access to an abundance of fresh, locally sourced foods from nearby farms, wineries and breweries. Sacramento experiences a Mediterranean climate, and the region experiences most of its precipitation in the winter months. Sacramento has more than 200 public parks. Recreational opportunities abound along the 32-mile American River Parkway, which runs from downtown to the historic Folsom suburb. Sacramento has historically been a family-centric town, but an influx of younger residents has diversified the population. Often recognized as one of America’s most integrated metro areas, Sacramento has a growing LGBT enclave in the Lavender Heights neighborhood, an arts community and a predominately multi-ethnic population in North and South Sacramento.
KOVR/KMAX-TV the CBS/CW owned and operated stations in Sacramento, CA are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead our IT, broadcast and maintenance staff.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional IT and broadcast technology skills and understand the interrelationship of both.
Extensive knowledge of all broadcast systems, including evolving technologies and systems is a must.
- Oversees staff that maintains station operations and station building through preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Oversees staff that is responsible for on-air production.
- Establishes routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment.
- Oversees and assists with the installation and maintenance of control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment etc.
- Compliance with FCC rules/regulations and Federal/State environmental agencies.
- Overseeing ENG repeater systems, building security, HVAC Systems, OSHA Compliance for Studio, Teleport and Transmitter.
- Overseeing technical SOX compliance.
- Overseeing stations asset management.
- 5+ years top 25 broadcast television market experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interact with management and staff at all levels and ability to multi-task, delegate and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCO rules and regulations
- Advanced experience with digital video and audio routing, EAS, studio control room and engineering IT systems
- Computer literacy in applicable software packages which may include (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, Automation Systems, Novel, Linux, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level
- IT skills including local area and wide area networking
- Knowledge of electrical systems UPS, and standby generators and record keeping
Education and Licensing:
- Associates or technical degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience preferred
- Knowledge of television transmitters and RF facilities a plus
SBE CBRE Certification a plus
PLEASE APPLY TO THIS LINK: Director Broadcast Operations & Engineering (paramount.com)
KOVR-TV news has an immediate opening for a hardworking dynamic Assignment Editor.
The individual is a highly competitive news professional with a passion for breaking news that flourishes with beating the competition and getting the story.
Your demeanor is naturally geared towards a “get it done attitude” while maintaining the utmost integrity.
Come bring your talents and join our team!
- Manage newsroom assignments, monitor phones, coordinate logistics, monitoring scanners, and social media
- Monitor police/fire scanners for breaking news, work with the Assignment Manager, Managing Editor on story ideas, and expanded coverage plans
- Meet deadlines in high stress breaking news situations while logistically dispatching crews efficiently
- Dispatch crews to stories and breaking news, using appropriate logistical and journalistic judgment
- Assist in finding stories with emphasis on our key brand points and tracking stories as they develop
- Handle time and logistics to make sure the selected stories are covered efficiently with available staff
- Generate original stories and develop follow-ups, track social media for news gathering, update information in assignment desk I-news daybook, maintain contact lists, and story files
- Develop new contacts with government agencies (city, state, federal), and public relations representatives
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
- Minimum two years prior television news assignment editor experience is strongly preferred, however, a significant background in print reporting or radio news will be considered
- Must have newsroom experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work effectively and professionally with newsroom personnel and the public
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task a must
- Able to multi-task and make fast decisions
PLEASE APPLY TO THIS LINK: Assignment Editor (CBS KOVR-TV) (paramount.com)
CBS station Duopoly KVOR/KMAX has an opening for a creative Senior News Producer.
Candidate will find stories and craft a newscast, write content and teases, order and create graphics and booth the live show — giving direction to studio and field talent and production crews.
- 5+ years of experience in a daily broadcast news operation.
- Should have college degree or working toward a college degree.
- Should be able to manage multiple tasks including line producing, segment producing, writing, story booking and coordination and use of social media.
PLEASE APPLY TO THIS LINK: Sr Producer (paramount.com)